Creators of the first Dual Sport helmet, Arai sets the industry standard for adventure motorcycle helmets with the newly designed XD4.
- Three distinct setups allow the rider to switch between both visor/peak and shield, visor/peak with no shield, or no visor/peak but with shield configurations.
- Patent-Pending Facial Contour Support cheek pad design along with 5mm peel-away temple pads and cheek pads redefine the concept of proper helmet fit.
- Dry-Cool lining utilizes micro water cells to improve moisture and heat transfer from your head to Arai’s space frame liner.
- Complex Laminate Construction shell utilizes aerospace fiberglass technology to achieve a strong flexible shell in a lightweight package.
- Multi-density EPS liner comprised of up to five different densities that support each other. While one layer crushes during impact, the surrounding layers absorb energy.
- Shell designed for aerodynamic stability at higher speeds with increased ventilation.
- High-flow visor/peak design limits wind drag at street legal speeds.
- Twin cam shield pivot allows shield to operate up open and closed fully beneath the mounted peak without protruding.
- Brow, chin and side cowl intake vents along with diffuser exhaust vents provide incredible ventilation when you need it and the ability to close them when it is not.
- Emergency Cheek-Pad Release Design allows for safe helmet removal by a trained medical responder in the event of an injury.
- The XD4 has Arai’s INTERMEDIATE OVAL (IO) shell shape. This shape is designed for riders whose head dimension is longer front to back than side to side.
- Meets or exceeds Snell and DOT standards.
Note: The visor/peak supplied with the XD4 helmet is not suitable for high speed use. At such speeds air catching the peak may cause difficulty in returning the head to a forward and/or level position.