Note: This Electrified QUICK-LOCK Tankring has been discontinued and is no longer able to be ordered.
If you have an existing SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Tankbag or classic style Tankring and are looking for parts that are compatible, please contact our Customer Service at 855-255-5550, otherwise please see our selection of SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Electrified QUICK-LOCK Tankbags.
This QUICK-LOCK electric tank ring connects any SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK Tankbag to your motorcycle.
-Made of fiberglass reinforced nylon
-Safety switch to avoid short circuits
-Gold plated vibration proof contacts
-Does not restrict fuel access
What's in the box?
- Pre-assembled, fused wiring harness for direct attachment to your battery
- Replacement tankring screws
- Electric tankring
What else do I need to buy?
- SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection QUICK-LOCK Tankbag
- Electrical Sockets for the inside of the tankbag
- SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Topring
Concours GTR1400, -'09
If you have the 2010 or later Concours GTR1400, use the TRE.00.475.140 tankring kit.
Installation of this kit requires use of a Dremel rotary grinder
This is a non-standard tank ring application and requires slight modification of the TRT.00.475.140 with a Dremel rotary grinder. For this reason, we recommend that this installation only be done by a dealer or someone experienced with using high-speed grinders to shape plastic. We recommend using a 0.5" diameter cylindrical stone grinding bit for this project.
Do not grind this plastic part while it is attached to your bike
If you do so, you run a high risk of accidentally slipping and grinding your fuel tank's paint. Not good. Take the plastic part OFF the bike while grinding.
Steps to grind down the TRT.00.475.140:
(1) The gas cap cannot pass upwards through the original ring because two small "points" are interfering. These points are circled in red. Grind off the two inner "points". Once finished, the ring should have a continuous smooth curve through this area.
(2) Grind off excess material on inside top edge of the tank ring to allow gas cap to pass through the ring. Grind the most material off the top corner, and the least from the bottom, creating a diagonal grind as shown.
(3) Install fit adjustment spacers between the tankbag and the top ring at the FRONT mounting points of the top ring.