Protect the radiator and lower fairing of your motorcycle to keep your adventure from seizing with SW-MOTECH Crash Bars Engine Guards.
The SW-MOTECH Crash Bars Engine Guards will help protect the radiator and lower fairing of your motorcycle from on road and off road damage.
- Heavy-duty mild steel construction.
- Designed to provide maximum protection.
- Treated for corrosion resistance.
- Powder-coated black finish.
- No loss of cornering clearance.
- Strong frame connections.
- Tube diameter of 27mm (1.06in).
- Includes left and right crashbars.
- Mounting hardware included.
- Requires no permanent modifications.
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
- Review by cam4569
- Review by Anonymous
1- The bars attach to the frame, HB attaches to the weak piece of metal that holds the instrument cluster, in case of crash that piece will bend and the dashboard might break, seems a long way from where is impact is but that's where the force is transferred.
2- Price, if the crash bars cost over $400 from other brands, it would be enervating to bend them or scratch them; These offer enough protection and for the price if they get used a lot and want to keep the bike , I can get another one
In order for these to work well, you must have a good hand/lever protection, preferably something with aluminum: when the bike crashes the bars protect the bottom half of the radiator plastic guard, in case the bike roll a bit, the handlebar guards would keep the top half away from impact.
Hope this helps (Posted on 7/7/2014)