Get the TechSpec Gripster Tank Grips for your BMWS1000RR or BMW HP4 and you'll experience solid tank grip without any gear snagging.
Stop slipping during hard braking, acceleration and cornering maneuvers by adding the TechSpec Gripster tank grips to your motorcycle. These super grippy pads are precision cut to suit the contours of your tank. The low profile grips are fabricated using synthetic rubber and stay in place via a super sticky paint friendly adhesive that is pre-applied to the backs of the pads. These handy Gripster tank grips will increase long distance comfort and reduce fatigue by allowing the lower body to provide more support, relieving pressure on hands, wrists, arms and shoulders.
To install, simply clean your tank and peel off the backing on the grips and stick them to your tank. All Techspec options feature a "Releasable Adhesive" allowing you to remove and reuse without leaving icky sticky goo behind.
Check the options above to see what's available for your motorcycle.
- Snake Skin is 1/8 in thick and features a diamond pattern that uses multiple biting edges to provide superior grip and is the firmest material option.
- X-Line is a 3M, microfiber grip material, laminated to the C3 rubber. This combination exhibits a high level of friction and is soft and comfortable to grip.
- C3 is a 0.1 inch thin synthetic rubber offering great grip and vibration reduction with a "memory foam" like feel and compressability.
- High fusion is the thinnest synthetic rubber offering at 0.035 in, similar to grip tape but with a rough textured synthetic rubber that wont tear up your gear.
Tank Grips Video Overview
- Low profile
- Center tank grip protects the finish from zipper/button/belt buckle scratches
- Safeguards tank finish from everyday wear & tear
- Improved tank grip enhances the rider's connection to the motorcycle resulting in increased confidence
- Promotes proper body position for increased comfort & less fatigue on hands, wrists arms & shoulders
- Enhances control during braking, acceleration, and cornering by providing reliable traction for maintaining body position
- Strong peel & stick adhesive stays put and is safe for the paint
- Simple & easy to install
What's In The Box
- One set TechSpec Gripsters Tank Grips
- Installation instructions
- BMW S1000RR 2009-2016
- HP4 2013-2015
- Review by Slowpoke
They protect the paint so that your knees don't wear the clear coat off.
They allow you to hold on to your bike better with your knees, making steering inputs much easier. (= better handling) They also make riding more comfortable for people who experience wrist pain after extended rides. (less weight on the bars)
Braking is also improved because it's easier to grip the bike with your knees than to try and absorb the force with your hands. Hanging off the bike in the corners is much more secure as well.
Better handling. More effective braking. Improved comfort.
After using these, I don't think I'll have another bike without them!
I chose the Snake Skin version. (Posted on 7/19/2014)