Note: The Klim Waterproof GORE-TEX Badlands Pro Jacket has been discontinued and is no longer able to be ordered as of 11/27/2015.The Klim Badlands Jacket is designed using experience from the Adventure Rally to work in almost any condition or climate.
- GORE-TEX® 3-layer pro laminate technology - the most breathable and durable shell construction available
- GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
- Highly abrasion resistant amracor panels in high impact and wear areas
- Fit for high-mobility to promote comfort
- GORE-TEX® stretch shoulder panels decrease movement restriction
- 3M Scotchlite™ industrial grade reflective materials on panels and trim
- VELCRO® brand fasteners adjustable wrist closures
- Sleeve adjustment straps on forearm and bicep
- YKK® zippers throughout, water resistant urethane coated in exposed areas
- D3O™ T5 EVO PRO XT elbow and shoulder pieces (exceed level 1 CE certification)
- D3O™ VIPER PRO Back Piece (exceeds level 2 CE certification)
- Dow corning siliconized spacer mesh front chest armor
- Adjustable armor pockets for refined armor placement
Cargo, hydration, comfort and support systems
- 7 external pockets: 5 cargo front, 1 large back, 1 sleeve I.D.
- 5 internal pockets: 2 zippered, 2 mesh stash, 1 hidden
- Hydration bladder compartment and internal hose route (bladder not included)
- Integrated jacket-stabilizing, removable and adjustable kidney belt
- Bottom hem adjustment
- Jacket-to-pant zipper integration system
- 4 sleeve adjustment straps
- Lined comfort collar
- Moisture-wicking mesh comfort liner
- 2 forearm, 2 bicep and 2 pit intake vents
- 2 vertical back exhaust vents
- Review by tsig
I chose Klim very carefully based on the GoreTex Pro and no needing a separate liner or a rain jacket. There does seem to be some user reviews claiming leakage but very few. We shall see. But I expect it not to leak.
Sizing was worrisome I will admit but the great guys at TwistedThottle spent the time to help me through the process and in the end the Klim sizing chart was pretty good. I'm 6' 2", 42 chest, 40 waist and the XL is a solid fit. I can fit a long sleeve shirt and a medium weight fleece with not problem or the same shirt and my heated liner. the inner elbow is a little tight when stuffed with a shirt and heavier fleece to bend but the jacket is stiff and I know it will break in.
Klim is not cheap and since I commute every day there is not the potential for ice on the roads getting three years out of it would be about right. There is no substitute for good gear and get the most expensive you can afford.
I look forward to putting the Badlands Pro through it's paces when the weather breaks. (Posted on 2/28/2015)