Traverse the open road with style, comfort and confidence using the Givi 42L Trekker Outback Aluminum Topcase.
Engineered to maximize durability, comfort and theft prevention, the Givi 42L Trekker Outback Aluminum Topcase is made for adventure riders looking for luggage that can withstand off or on road trips. This sleek, yet rugged, luggage promotes long-distance enduro touring and an adventurous state of mind.
- Aluminum construction
- Top loading
- Off-road shock and strain resistant
- Reinforced techno-polymer protection on corners
- Trustworthy locking mechanisms
- Squared design for optimal loading capacity
- Locking lid w/ one key for both lid and mount release
- 22LB/42L Volume loading capacity
- Compatible with Monokey fitting systems
- Available in Silver Aluminum or Matte Black finish
- Capacity is suitable for internal storage of a full face or modular helmets
- Mounts to Givi Monokey adapter hardware
- Review by JFeezy
This is an awesome box though, once you get over the sticker shock. Compared to the OEM Suzuki VStrom boxes this is definitely thicker and a heavier aluminum.
Install is a breaze once you get the monokey plate installed.
There are tabs on the top inside part of the lid to hook up a rather expensive bungee net that GIVI sells. Not sure about the top box but the ones for the side boxes they wanted $25each, which is ludicrous. What I did was got an $8 pack of mini bungees at a hardware store and strapped them across the inside top of the boxes. this allows me to store a notebook, ziploc of electronic charging cables, a small first aid kit & insurance documents for quick access. You can also just cut a bungee net to fit but they stretch out quickly so I prefer the straps. (Posted on 3/5/2016)
- Review by tntvolk