Note: The Hexcode-GS911 USB Enthusiast Diagnostics Tool has been discontinued and is no longer able to be ordered.
GS-911 Diagnostic tool for BMW motorcycles
This diagnostic tool offers a unique software and hardware combination that allows the BMW enthusiast the ability to communicate with the control modules in a safe and controlled manner. Turn your PC or mobile phone into a powerful fault-finding tool... In the true spirit of adventure riding, the GS-911 tool is also available with a Bluetooth interface, allowing you to use it with most modern mobile phones with no additional accessories required.
What models are covered in GS-911?
The only limitation that the Enthusiast version has is that the Service Functionality is limited to 10 motorcycles - this is done using each motorcycles unique VIN. This DOES NOT apply to the pre-2009 "Emergency functionality" (Reading ECU info, reading and clearing Fault codes and real-time values). These, you can run on as many motorcycles as you wish.. without the VIN limitation coming into play at all - We don't want to prevent you from helping your stranded buddy at the roadside...
The Enthusiast/Professional differences only affect the PC/Laptop software, as the Service & Maintenance functionality is added ONLY to the PC/Laptop software (i.e. the Mobile software will remain an "Emergency Diagnostic Tool" with the current reading of ECU information, the reading and clearing of Fault codes and Real-time values) and thus remain status quo ( and if that was not clear enough yet.. There is NO VIN LIMIT on the Emergency functionality, hence you can use it on a gazillion motorcycles.
Shown here are some of the models covered in either of the full release or the latest Beta.
HP2, HP2 Megamoto, R1200GS, R1200GS Adventure, R1200RT, R1200R, R1200ST, R1200S, R1200S HP2
R1150GS, R1150GS Adventure, R1150RT, R1150R, R1150RS (single- and twin-spark on all models)
R1100S (single and twin-spark)
R850C, R850R, R850RT
K1300GT, K1300R, K1300S
K1200GT, K1200R, K1200R Sport, K1200S,
K1200LT, K1200GT (non-CAN), K1200RS
F800S, F800ST, F800GS, F800GS Adventure,F800R, F700GS
F650GS (800cc 2 cylinder)
F650CS, F650GS, F650GS Dakar (single- and twin-spark on all models)
G650Xchallenge, G650Xcountry, G650Xmoto
C1, C1-200, C600 Sport, C650 GT
What systems does it cover?
This depends on the bike model, but in general we cover the following (please refer to the Function Chart):
- Engine controller (BMS-K, BMS-KP, BMS-C, BMS-CII, BMS-E, MA2.4, KMS-K16)
- ABS (ABS-II, ABS-N, Integral-ABS, Integral-ABS-CAN, Integral-ABS2-CAN, ABS8, ABS8MOC)
- Central Vehicle Electronics (ZFE-Basic (low, mid, high), ZFE-Low, ZFE-High(full, no-ESA, ESA-only))
- Instrument cluster (Kombi-H, Kombi-L, Kombi-7x, Kombi-2D, Kombi-18)
- DWA (Anti-Theft Alarm system)
- RDC (Tyre Pressure Control)
Note: Not all motorcycles have all the systems. Please reference the Function Model Matrix (Function Chart) to see exactly what systems are covered on the individual models.
What functionality does it have?
- Read Diagnostic Fault Codes This shows the Fault codes and text descriptions of the faults stored on the Electronic Control Unit.
- Shows ECU information See hardware and software versions, manufacturing dates, and other manufacturer related data.
- Clears Diagnostic Fault Codes Enables you to erase fault codes once the problem has been fixed.
- Real-time Analog and Digital values for Engine control units View and log the real-time values (very dependent on the type of controller)
- Service Functionality This differs from model to model and controller to controller, and ranges from Service Reminder resets, output tests adaptation resets etc.
- Software Updates: Available here
Note: Emergency Functionality (ECU information, reading & clearing of Fault Codes, Engine real-time (live) data) is available on ANY device with a browser and wifi - typically Android, iOs, iPads, iPhones, Windows Phone 7 & 8 etc...
|GS-911blu and GS-911usb:|
|R1200CL(single- & twin-spark on all models)|
|R1150RS (single- & twin-spark on all models)|
|R1100S (single- & twin-spark)|
|F650GS (2008+ 2 cylinder)|
|F650CS (single-spark on all models)|
|F650CS (2-spark on all models)|
|Models that are supported by|
|Generation l GS-911 but require the 3-pin interface:|
|R850R (with 3-pin port)|
|R850RT (with 3-pin port)|
|Models that will definitely NOT be covered by GS-911:All motorcycles that are NOT fuel-injectedAll motorcycles with mechanical fuel-injection (LE Jetronic) - these are K100, K100LT, K100RS, K100RT, K75, K75c, K75RT, K75s
- Review by roebling