Required for racing and developed for Moto2, the Lever Guard was originally brought to life in order to help avoid the accidental engagement of the front brake lever during close racing; whether from contact with another bike or rider. The protective gear is equally useful for a road rider to prevent lever(s) from sustaining wing mirror strikes which could also engage brake mechanisms.
Installation takes only seconds! The specially designed extra-light, yet wicked strong, carbon fiber arm covers the end of the brake lever. A unique curve in the base allows your hand to fall cleanly off the handlebar grips should you have an accident. Whether you're hitting the road for leisure or you're a serious track rider, these brake lever guards are a vital accessory that could save your behind in some hairy situations.
- Pure carbon fiber
- Twill weave
- Super lightweight
- High gloss finish with R&G logo
- Prevents accidental front brake engagement
- Allows your hand to fall clean off the bar without snagging
- Simple and easy bolt on installation
- AMA, ACU, MSVR, FIM approved
- Carbon fiber lever guard
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
Compatible with Models:
- Ducati: 848, 1098, 1198, PANIGALE, Monster 1200/S, Multistrada1200, Monster Ducati Monster 1100 , Monster 796 & Streetfighter 848/1098
- EBR: 1190SX '14-'15
- Husqvarna: NUDA 900R
- KTM: 690SM, 950 SuperMoto, 990 & 990R Super Duke, 990 SMR/SMT, KTM RC125/200 KTM RC8 '08-'14, KTM 690 Duke '12-'14, 990 SMR '08-'12, 690 Duke R '13-'14 and 1290 SuperDuke R
- MV AGUSTA: F3 675 '12-'14, 800 '13-'14 and MV Agusta F4 '04-'09
- Triumph: Speed Triple '97-'04
- Yamaha models
- Honda models
Coming standard with a universal fitting kit, this R&G Carbon Fiber Brake Lever Guard features an expanding design which makes the unit compatible with hollow handlebars (similar to those found on Renthal, LSLbars, Gilles and Driven clip ons bars) with an internal diameter of 13-21mm. The brake lever guards work by clamping to the inside of the bar whether the bar is threaded or not.