Protect the vulnerable and expensive timing case on the Yamaha R1 with the R&G racing series engine case cover. Robust polypropylene 4 mm thick covers the entire section of the motor with a High Density Polyethylene slider located at the impact face for even greater impact and wear resistance. The replaceable slider can be changed out without the need to replace the entire cover. Installation is easy and painless with no oil loss or gaskets to change. Simply use the included hardware to bolt this essential case cover over the factory engine case and your R1 is ready for action. Invest in superior quality protection that is trusted by British Superbike, California Superbike School and AMA approved to ensure your bike is protected!
- Safeguards the timing case cover for the R1 on the right side
- Molded 4 mm thick polypropylene provides a precise fit
- Racing series engine case cover features a replaceable High Density Polyethylene slider on impact face
- HDPE Slider increases wear resistance at contact point
- Abrasion resistant and impact absorbing protection
- Mounts directly over factory cover with replacement hardware
- Simple & easy to install without gasket replacement or loss of oil
- AMA approved product
- Used by British Superbike, California Superbike School & AMA approved
What's in the box:
- Right side racing series engine case cover (timing cover)
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
R&G UK Sales Manager Alan Garrett commented "Our Race Series Case Covers have been specifically developed at the highest level of racing to ensure maximum protection in case of a crash. The cost of replacing an engine casing or removing debris from an engine is an expense that race teams do not need, so our new 2015 specification allows them to quickly replace the puck in case of a small crash, whilst offering full protection in case of a larger one."
Brent Gladwin, Team WD40 Owner said, "Unfortunately we've had our fair share of crashes this year, but thanks to the R&G crash protection on our machines, the damage has been minimal. The best example of the Race Series Case Covers doing their job perfectly was at Oulton Park recently, when Tarran Mackenzie crashed his Stauff Connect Academy Kawasaki during the race. Despite heavy impact and sliding down the tarmac for some 150 yards at high speed, the engine suffered no damage at all – which, along with the rest of the R&G items on our bike, meant we were able to walk away from a potentially expensive crash with nothing more than some broken fairings!"
You may also be interested in the following product(s)