Note: The TAPP LITE USB Charger has been discontinued and is no longer able to be ordered.This compact USB Charger is the weatherproof answer to charging most cell phones, GPS units, and MP3 players. It mounts easily to your handlebars or any flat or curved surface using the included self-adhesive mount. A tethered seal cap protects the charger from dust and water. The included fused battery hookup harness is diode protected against reverse polarity.
- Input Voltage: 12V ± 4.0V
- USB (Output) Voltage: 5V ±.25V
- Output Current: 1A Max.
- Protection Rating: IP64 (Water wash down) when capped. None when in use (USB Cable plugged in)
- Operating Temperature Range: 0°F to 105°F
- Cable Jacket: Abrasion resistant, UL/CSA listed, meets Mil-I-631D, -40°F to 221°F
- Cable length: 6ft (2M)
- Electrical protection: Splashproof ATC fuse holder with 2A fuse; internal auto-resetting fuse, internal auto over-temp power control, diode protected against inadvertent reverse polarity.
- Wire Terminals: Crimp/Solder .25 Ring (battery screw size)
- Seal Cap: Integral
Mounting: Universal Mounting Bracket
Powers: Any device that charges using 1A or less of USB power, including MOST smartphones & Blackberry®. WILL NOT CHARGE AN iPhone or iPad, the TAPP™ USB Power Port for iPad is what iUsers need.
NOTE: This device has power consumption with no load and will drain a small motorcycle battery in as little as three to five days if connected directly to the battery. It is recommended that this device be connected to a switched power source or a device such as the Denali PowerHub2 to prevent battery drain when the motorcycle is not running.
- Review by LouDiamond
- Review by graycav56