Don't let the small size and weight fool you, with an effective beam distance of 240 feet, these little buggers are BRIGHT!
Denali DM Lights
The ultra compact size of the DM light is ideal for street bikes where you want to maintain a clean inconspicuous look without sacrificing brightness. The DM is also ideal for daytime visibility as the smaller optic intensifies the brightness of the light when looking at the light from the front. Consuming only 5 watts of power per lamp, the Denali DM lights throw a blazing beam of light 240 feet down the road in front of you. That’s 85 feet further than your typical motorcycle high beam.
All Denali LED lights are housed in a rugged waterproof aluminum housing (submersible up to 3 meters underwater). Our LED’s boasts an average life span of 50,000 hours; that’s 6 years without ever being shut off. Yes, we went overboard. It’s what we do.
Making our light kits easy to mount and install to your motorcycle is a top priority for us. Every light kit includes a universal M8 mounting bracket and detailed wiring diagrams that are simple and easy to understand. Bike specific light mounts are also available for many popular bike models. Please visit TwistedThrottle.com for more information on mounting options for your motorcycle.
- Pod Size: 1.7” round x 2.4” long
- Beam Distance: 240’
- Power Draw: 5 watts per lamp
- Intensity: Single
- Beam Angle: 10° and 25°
- Waterproof: IP-68
- Mount: Universal M8
- Effective Lumens: 443
What's in the Box:
- 2x Micro LED light pods
- Wiring Harness with Relay and Lighted Switch
- 2 x spot driving beam lenses (10 degree beam pattern)
- 2 x flood beam lenses (25 degree beam pattern)
- 2x M8 (8mm) mounting brackets
- Installation instructions
- Allen wrench
- For motorcycles with CAN-Bus electrical systems, such as later model BMWs, the CAN-Bus Adapter is recommended in order to avoid disrupting the CAN-Bus system..
- Be certain to plug the light switch into the proper port and the light pods as well. Premature failure can result if done improperly.
- For installations on motorcycles that have LED headlights or headlight circuits that do not provide 12 volts, such as the BMW R1200GS LC ’13-’14, it is recommended that the WHITE 12 volt power wire be connected to the positive circuit of the motorcycle’s Auxiliary Power Supply socket or accessory. The CAN-Bus Adapter is not required for this installation
- Review by Jeff
The light output of these Micro LED's is truly amazing. Flipping on the high beam on my headlight doesn't add much to the overall illumination. The daytime conspicuousness is great as well. I have no hesitation to recommend this kit to anyone looking for auxiliary lighting for their bike. (Posted on 9/24/13)
- Review by Anthony
- Review by MARK
- Review by Brad
In side-by-side comparison, the LEDs are very similar, with only slightly less range and spread (with 25° lens) then PIAAs. Viewed head-on they are again very similar, but are less visible perpendicular to bike, since LED lens is recessed.
I use them mainly for daytime running lights, and at night to increase low beam spread; so I have them aimed down and to the sides a little. Probably not as good as PIAAs for high beam range, but LEDs have longer range then my standard H4 halogen low beam.
Construction seems to be top notch, but I found that the M6x20mm mounting bolts were not long enough to fully engage locknut for M8 mount; so I replaced them with M6x25mm bolts. Wiring harness is very robust, with the wire gage probably intended to also handle other lamps with higher loads.
(Posted on 5/6/13)
- Review by John
- Review by Mark
- Review by Dan
Denali DM1 "Micro" (Single Intensity) LED Lighting Kit with Full Wiring Harness and M8 Mount (Posted on 1/24/13)