|Reports To:||Purchasing Director|
Twisted Throttle is a rapidly growing e-commerce distribution company managing many brands of after market motorcycle parts, gear and accessories, many of which are sourced internationally and have seasonally variable demand. We need awesome buyers to make sure we've for the right goods arriving at the right time!
The Buyer researches, evaluates and purchases inventory based on sales needs. Buyers also manage vendor relationships, negotiate vendor terms, and ensure timely delivery of goods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out warehouse and inventory control policies and procedures.
- Manage demand planning, sales forecasting and replenishment for assigned vendors in accordance with budgeted turn rates and growth predictions.
- Create and submit approved purchase orders to vendors.
- Review order confirmations from vendors and update expected arrival dates.
- Serve as primary contact and manager of assigned vendor relationships.
- Maintain current and accurate cost and pricing in order management system.
- Communicate with accounting regarding invoices and vendor inquiries.
- Work with vendors to obtain or create marketing assets and displays to support web and physical merchandising of product lines for product launches, coordinating their availability for the Marketing and Web Content teams.
- Analyze and review trends to ensure that product listings are current and purchasing cost / MSRP remains competitive.
- Aid in competitively setting pricing for new products.
- Collaborate with vendors and in-house marketing staff to create product management plans for future years.
- Provide feedback to vendors on product problems and needs for future product offerings/features.
- Work with warehouse returns/warranties staff and vendors to address issues including missing or incorrect product received.
- Manage purchase order life cycle including backorders and pre-season booking orders.
- Exchange and/or rotate inventory with vendors when necessary.
- Ensure proper vendor barcoding and packaging for all inbound products.
- Negotiate and review inbound shipping costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required. Microsoft Access or SQL query building experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of procurement and vendor management procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or a related field preferred.
- Problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of polish in both written and verbal communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to interact and participate in a fast-paced, high-energy, team-driven environment.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to self-organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Extreme attention to detail.
- Motorcycle enthusiast.
- Minimum 3 years of purchasing experience for retail, distribution and/or manufacturing businesses.
- Previous purchasing responsibility for at least $1M in annual purchases spanning 1,000+ skus preferred.
Relocation assistance is available. A "work from home" option is not available.