Big, Tough Outdoor GPS with Camera
- 4" dual-orientation, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- 5 MP autofocus camera
- 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Uses rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack or AA batteries
Take it hiking. Take it hunting. Take it on the water. Montana 650 features a bold 4" color touchscreen dual orientation display and supports multiple mapping options like BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and it has a 5 megapixel camera to boot. Montana has key features for the outdoors such as a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass and barometric altimeter. Buy the auto mount and a City Navigator NT® map and it'll give you spoken turn-by-turn driving directions.
See the Big View
Montana 650 features a vast 4", sunlight-readable touchscreen display that offers crystal clear enhanced colors and displays high-resolution images. It’s easy-to-use interface means you’ll spend more time enjoying the outdoors and less time searching for information. Both durable and water resistant, Montana 650 is built to withstand the elements. Bumps, dust, dirt, humidity and water are no match for this rugged navigator. No matter the setting — on the boat, in the RV or on an ATV — Montana is right at home.
Take Geotagged Pictures
Capture locations and memories with Montana 650’s 5 megapixel digital camera. Each photo is geotagged automatically with the location of where it was taken, allowing you to navigate back to that exact spot in the future. Snap and view pictures in landscape or portrait orientation. Keep track of your photos and see their locations on a map using BaseCamp™. Insert a microSD™ card for more photo storage or to view pictures from other devices.
With an array of compatible mounts, Montana 650 is designed for use on ATVs, in boats, as a handheld or in your car. Use the auto mount with City Navigator maps for spoken, turn-by-turn driving directions, or the rugged mount for your motorcycle or ATV.
Adding more maps to Montana is easy. Load TOPO U.S. 24K maps and hit the trail, plug inBlueChart® g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water, or load City Navigator map data for turn-by-turn driving directions. Add satellite images to your maps with BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required). Or, transform paper maps into files you can download to your Montana with Custom Maps.
With Montana 650 you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users. So now your friends also can enjoy your favorite hike or cache – simply press “send” to transfer your information to similar units, and let the games begin.
Keep Your Fix
With its high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix® satellite prediction, Montana 650 locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear — whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on Montana 650 to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Navigate with Ease
Montana 650 has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
Double Your Power
Montana 650 features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system. You’ll have the option of using the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries — whichever suits your needs better.
Montana 650 supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. VisitOpenCaching.com to start your geocaching adventure. By going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. Montana 650 stores and displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for caches.
Big and Tough — Goes Anywhere, Everywhere
- Uses map data to display your “full track view” so you know what you’re up against
- Logs everything (waypoints, tracks, caches, etc.) on your calendar so you can review (or brag) about your accomplishments later
- Changes to “night mode” automatically so your eyes stay focused even when the sun goes down
- Includes a QWERTY keyboard so you can find what you need and take notes faster
- Helps you keep your bearings straight by letting you to lock your screen to keep it from shifting directions (portrait to landscape or vice versa)
- Includes a 5 megapixel camera; each photo automatically is geotagged with the location of where it was taken
- Includes a microSD™ card slot so you can load topographic maps (for the trail) or BlueChart® g2preloaded cards (for the water). Also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery and Custom Maps
- Shares waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin GPS users
- Locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains it even in heavy cover and deep canyons
- Includes a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Features a one-of-a-kind dual battery system; you can use the rechargeable lithium-ion pack or traditional AA batteries
- Supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit