The Interphone F5XT Bluetooth® Motorcycle Communicator offers full-duplex communication for groups of up to 6 riders. Effective maximum range starts at 0.8 miles between a pair of riders and increases to 1.5 miles for a group of six riders. The full-duplex communication allows all six people to talk at once. New for the XT, you are now able to charge your unit while riding!
Bluetooth 3.0 is the latest in Bluetooth intercom technology, providing faster data transfer for better range, more reliable connectivity, and improved battery life of up to 11 hours of talk or streaming time and 700 hours at standby.
Text to Speech:
The Interphone F5XT has advanced features, including Text-to-Speech (TTS) for listening to text messages. Voice guidance commands and status updates are used to make setup and function selection much easier with no guessing about what function you have selected.
Pair with your mobile phone for hands-free mobile communication. Text to Speech tells you when you have an incoming call and who is calling. Answer by saying "hello" or by pressing the center button. Dial by saying the name of a stored contact.
Navigation messages can be received from Bluetooth motorcycle GPS units.
You can pair up to 8 devices. Each will remain in memory even after powering down. See instructions for complete pairing information.
Pair with any mobile phone or music player using MP3 Bluetooth or A2DP stereo. Enjoy broadcast music using the built-in FM radio with 8-function memory and station scanning. A 3.5mm auxiliary jack allows connection to external audio sources.
The F5XT comes with both self-adhesive and clamp-on mounts. The self-adhesive mount allows more flexibility in mounting location and is a bit more aerodynamic compared to the clamp-on mount. The head unit slides onto the mount and locks securely into place. The plug has a locking guide that provides a secondary locking mechanism. Detach the unit by first removing the plug and them depressing the locking tab and sliding the unit upward.
Full list of F5 Features:
- A2DP stereo Bluetooth for HD audio
- Certified IP67 waterproof and dustproof*
- Provide clear audio up to 110 mph
- Bluetooth® wireless music/GPS/phone calls
- Automatic intercom muting during phone calls
- 11 hour talk time or music streaming, 700 hour standby
- 5 independent buttons: volume up, volume down, next track/station, last track/station, and function
- Buttons have a pointed shape that provides ease-of-use, even with thick gloves
- LED function lights
- Automatic volume adjustment
- Head unit responds to voice commands
- Voice guidance commands simplify function selection and setup
- Text-to-speech capability (listen to text messages)
- FM radio (8 station memory and station scan function)
- 3.5mm auxiliary input jack for external audio sources not using Bluetooth
- Backwards-compatible with F4 head units
Dimensions: 3.54" x 1.75" x .78"
Weight (each): 1.94 oz. (55 grams)
What's in the Box?
All parts necessary to set up two helmets (one of which is full face), so you can easily move the head unit between both helmets.
- INTERPHONEF5XT Bluetooth head unit (2).
- Boom mic for installation in a modular, open face, or full face helmet (2)
- Self-adhesive mic for comfort in a full face helmet (2).
- Hi-Fi speakers (2 sets).
- Quick release head unit mounts (2 3M self-adhesive, 2 sliding clamp-on).
- Wall charger with 2 leads to charge 2 head units simultaneously.
- USB cable for charging and software updates.
Watch how to pair up to 6 Interphone F5 headsets.
Watch how to erase Bluetooth information from the F5.
* Special Note To guarantee that the F5XT stays waterproof you must apply a thin layer of silicone gel around the microphone connector. A large tube of this gel is included with this item.