Kaoko Cruise Controls are purpose-built for a variety of motorcycles over 600cc. They consist of a friction nut that is integral with a replacement handlebar-end weight. Fits pre 2008 models with/without BMW handguards and with Touratech handguards.
Note: Please measure your original bar end weight central retaining bolt prior to ordering.This part is for bar ends that require 90mm long retaining bolt. If 80mm long is needed please order KAO.CCF400-08.
To install, just remove the right hand bar weight, replace it with Kaoko's bar weight, and firmly tighten the central retaining screw.
- Greatly reduces rider fatigue and strain on hand and wrist
- While cruising, rider is able to remove hand from throttle grip, throttle opening will remain as set
- Very simple to operate, even with heavy winter gloves
- High quality, compact and durable design, super smooth action
- Takes less than 5 minutes to fit
- Very little maintenance is required
- Less wear and tear on throttle cables and linkages
- Can result in reduced fuel consumption
BMW R1200GS, '-08 with or without BMW Handguards (models with 90mm long bar end weight retaining bolt)
BMW R1200GS with Touratech Handguards, -'08 (models with 90mm long bar end weight retaining bolt)
BMW R1200GS Adventure, '-08 with or without BMW Handguards (models with 90mm long bar end weight retaining bolt)
BMW R1200ST '-08 (models with 90mm long bar end weight retaining bolt)
Kit does NOT include a replacement left-side bar end weight.
Kaoko Safety Warning: The Kaoko Cruise Control is an aftermarket accessory. Any misunderstood, abused or incorrectly installed motorcycle accessory is a safety hazard that could cause injury or death. Its the riders responsibility to understand the operation and purpose for which the Kaoko Cruise Control is designed, namely, for cruising, only when safe to do so. At all other times the control should be disengaged. The Kaoko Cruise Controls are to be used only by experienced and responsible riders.
U.S. Pat. No. US D593,462 S
U.S. Pat. No. US D593,463 S
U.S. Pat. No. US D593,464 S
1. Neither KAOKO, nor BMW itself, produce nor supply the M12 x 90mm bolt anymore. BMW used to, but they don't anymore. The 90mm bolt was fitted to pre-2008 bikes (with a 330g end weight); and 2008 to current bikes are fitted with an 80mm bolt (with a 300g end weight).
2. Neither CCF400 nor CCF400-08 are supplied by KAOKO with an M12 bolt in the kit. OEM bolts are used on both assemblies.
3. CCF400 is designed for use ONLY with the original equipment 90mm bolt
a. Since CCF400 requires a 90mm bolt for installation; it will not fit to 2008 - current model bikes as they are supplied with a smaller bar end weight which only requires an M12 x 80mm bolt.
b. Quite simply the bolt is too short; and CCF400 does not fit with an M12 x 80 bolt. The control is too large / big to fit with an 80mm bolt.
4. CCF400-08 is designed to fit the 2008-current model bikes supplied with a smaller end weight and 80mm retaining bolt:
a. CCF400 does not fit bikes with an 80mm bolt.