BMW K1200RS or K1200GT (-'05) with Coocase S48 topcase
Items needed to complete this install:
First, install the aftermarket topcase rack.
Once the topcase rack is installed, you are ready to install the Coocase Adapter Kit.
2. Remove the two cross-head bolts in the brake light housing. This will allow you to move the light housing out from below the rear luggage rack, providing clearance necessary to remove the three torx bolts from the bottom of the grab bar in step 4.
4. You will need a low-profile torx bit to reach under the grab bar to remove the 3 torx bolts securing the original rear rack to the grab bar. We accomplished this by holding a torx bit with an adjustable wrench. Long-handled torx wrenches will not be able to reach below this grab bar.
9. Alternate view showing the nuts and bolts installed. This finishes the installation of the Coocase base plate. The power wire for the case has been zip tied to the base plate to get the wire out of the way and give a clean look to the install.
14. Run the red wire with the in-line fuse to the positive terminal on the battery. Be sure to run it neatly before connecting to the battery as it is much harder to conceal once both ends are connected.
15. Using the Posi-tap connectors provided with the kit, hook up the black lead to the brown wire, the blue wire to the gray with yellow striped wire, and the green wire to the gray with black striped wire.
Finished product from several angles
This post was posted in Coocase Topcases