The Premium line is Oxford's latest generation of heated grips. The Touring version fits standard 7/8" handlebars and has ergonomically engineered grip pattern to optimize riding performance. Thicker rubber in areas of maximum wear; 5² block siped tread patterns for high levels of grip and feel; diamond tread pattern where maximum grip is required.
Intelligent heat controller features:
- 5 heat settings (30%, 40%, 50%, 75% and 100%) with LED lights to indicate heat setting
- Sealed-for-life welded case for long-term durability and weather proofing
- Battery Saving Mode turns grips off if you forget or if battery voltage falls too low
- Raised and tactile silicone buttons for use with gloved hands
What's in the box:
- Throttle and clutch side Touring pattern grips
- Intelligent Heat Controller
- Metal bracket and hardware for mounting controller
- Wiring harness with 5 amp mini-blade fuse, zip-tys and grip glue
- Instruction booklet and 2 year warranty card
- Fits 7/8" (22mm) handlebars and clip-ons
- Standard length 4.72" (120mm) Trimmable to 4.37" (110mm)
- Grips are open ended to allow for bar-end weights and/or handguards
- Current drain: Average 3.6 amps per pair (up to 2.0 amps each - 28-30 watts)
- Fuse: 5 amp mini-blade (available in most auto parts stores)
- Intelligent Heat Controller draws only 71 micro amps (0.071mA) in standby mode
Requires only standard tools. No splicing, crimping or soldering needed. Connects direct to battery with ring terminals.
- Review by Mbd
The actual installation on a Honda VFR1200 was straight forward but did take about 5 hours. It was necessary to remove any old glue and paint from the handlebars and burrs on the inside of the grips. I am very pleased with the final installation.
They grips work great, providing lots of heat with good control. The auto-shutoff feature seems very reliable.
I would definitely recommend these heated grips. (Posted on 10/4/14)
- Review by Anonymous
- Review by Robert
For Triumph owners - clutch side mounted with no issues. Had to take a Dremel tool to grind off the wings on the throttle side. I suggest using glass cleaner if you dry fit. Mounting bracket did not fit on my bike so I ordered the Denali Clamp-On Switch Mount For 7/8 Inch Handlebars, worked perfectly. (Posted on 12/27/13)