PHP Web Developer (Magento)
FLSA status: Full-time Salaried Exempt
Summary: The PHP Web Developer is responsible for many aspects of the web technologies and properties maintained by Twisted Throttle. The Web Developer must be passionate about building robust B2B and B2C eCommerce solutions, systems and web based applications. This position and will be an integral part of the development team, reporting to the CIO to develop and maintain world class web applications for our B2C, B2B and internal customers. Primary skills include PHP and Magento development.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with stake holders and members of the development team to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Develop Magento customizations and UI changes on the Twisted Throttle retail website, as well as future microsites based on Magento.
- Develop, customize and implement high-quality web solutions that meet company expectations and requirements.
- Contribute to technical solutions and requirements definition; solve complex problems by contributing to analysis and development of technical solutions.
- Deploy code into a variety of staging and production environments.
- Meet regularly with the CIO to provide status updates, reports on development activity and discuss project/product roadmap planning.
- Build web based reporting tools and dashboards from orders history, customer interactions, purchasing history and trend data.
- Effectively translate complex, technical concepts into easy to understand language to assist non-technically oriented employees.
- Provide systems administrative assistance when needed for off-site servers, either remotely or by visiting the off-site datacenters.
- Write, update and maintain technical procedures & documentation, user guides and troubleshooting manuals for company software, technical support needs and end users.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following qualifications serve as a guideline for the ability to complete the listed requirements:
- At least 2 years experience developing complex web based applications and/or dynamic websites.
- Experience in customizing and developing in Magento.
- Strong expertise working within the LAMP stack and an MVC framework.
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time-management abilities.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, technical documentation, user manuals, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, employees, and the general public.