The STASH BOX is a weather resistant storage box that mounts between the motorcycle and the license plate. It is ideally suited to storing the vehicle registration and other small objects while remaining unobtrusive. The Stash Box has features that provide benefits over other motorcycle storage devices i.e., low cost, concealed mounting location, vehicle styling is unaffected, and easy accessibility.Sized to work with all standard size license plates as well as the current Wisconsin and Ohio cycle plates.
External Dimensions: 7" x 4" x 1; plus 1" on the width for the lock.
Internal Storage Dimensions: 6.3" x 3.5" x 0.8"
Made from molded polypropylene. Includes all mounting hardware, retention pouch for paper documents, foam insert, lock and two keys.
Assembly & Mounting Instructions:
- Assemble the lock into the Stash Box using thread locking compound or RTV sealant on threads.
- Press the o-ring seal into the groove in the bottom side of the Stash Boxs interior. The ends should terminate along the edge closest to the hinge.
- Install the retention pouch to an interior surface of the Stash Box. Use this to secure paper documents.
- Determine the desired mounting orientation that allows the box to be opened easily. Lock up. Lock down and lock sideways are acceptable. Do not mount the Stash Box flat, i.e., license plate facing towards the sky as this may allow water entry under some conditions.
- Drill mounting holes in the box as required and install with appropriate fasteners. (See below.)
|The Twisted Throttle license plate keyed Stash Box|
Motorcycle Installation Instructions:
- Remove the license plate from the cycle.
- Using a 9/32" or 17/64" drill bit, drill holes at the pilot marks (seen on the inside of the Stash Box) that will allow the chosen mounting orientation.
- Mount the Stash Box using the included hardware (2 bolts & locknuts).
- Install the license plate to the face of the Stash Box using the included hardware (4 screws).
- Review by TomHal
I do not have to worry about my registration, emergency cash or spare key. One less thing to worry about carrying. The box blends in with the bike. (Posted on 8/29/14)
- Review by Guest
- Review by Jb8712
- Review by reg26
- Review by COSooner