Removable quick-release adapter plate for mounting soft luggage or enlarging the surface area of the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack.The suggested accessory is the RackPackII which was designed for use with this item. The top plate can be removed from the Alu-Rack by turning each of three quarter-turn Quick-Lock fasteners 90 degrees, providing a cleaner look to the motorcycle when the topcase and topplate are not in use.
SW-MOTECH QUICK-LOCK Luggage Rack Extension
- To attach soft luggage to a SW-MOTECH ALU-RACK
- Mounting or removal within seconds due to quick fasteners
- Excellent stability with the 3-point Quick lock system
- Depth: 10"
- Front (closest to rider): 15 1/2"
- Rear: (back of motorcycle) 13"
- Luggage rack extension
- Mounting hardware
- Mounting instructions
- Lots of possibilities to fix lashing straps to different points on the rack
- Excellent function especially with BAGS-CONNECTION RackPack II
SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack with BAGS-CONNECTION RackPack II:
Equivalent to part GPT.00.152.43000/B & GPT.00.152.43001/B
- Review by coffee_addict
The camlock for the quick fastener attaches to the alurack with self tapping screws. Be careful not to overtighten the CamLock self tapping screws as I did on one CamLock. I was able to resolve by drilling the 2 holes all the way through then using a screw and nut for each. I used a tapered head screw for which I drilled a counter sunk top to the hole (on the luggage carrier side) so the screw head is recessed. This is necessary or the screw head will interfere with the luggage carrier.
I'll give 5 stars anyway since I AM a notorious over-tightener :-) (Posted on 1/14/15)
- Review by Warren
- Review by AndyN
- Review by RBR
It was the perfect solution for us. (Posted on 7/23/14)