The SW-MOTECH ALU-RACK is a clean looking, stand-alone base system that allows Quick-Release fitment of TraX, Givi and other Topcases, SW-MOTECH luggage racks, or SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Quick-Lock Tankbags to keep your motorcycle as versatile as you are.
ALU-RACK Topracks are a sturdy and elegant solution for mounting your topcase. Constructed from high-strength, lightweight aluminum for durability, they are bike-specific and shaped to accentuate the lines of your motorcycle. Three mounting points for Quick-Lock fasteners in the center of the ALU-RACK allow attachment of removable adapters to fit most Topcases, an SW-MOTECH Quick-Release Soft Luggage Carrier, or an SW-MOTECH ALU-RACK QUICK-LOCK Tankring for fitting flat-bottom SW-MOTECH Bags-Connection Tankbags such as the QUICK-LOCK EVO Sport Tankbag or the QUICK-LOCK EVO Daypack Tankbag.
Adapter plates are available to fit the following Topcases
- Givi Monolock
- Givi Monokey
- TraX ALU-BOX
- Shad SH26, SH29, SH32, SH33, SH37, SH40, SH42, SH45 & SH46 (not SH48, SH49 or SH50)
*To install on the North American-spec 2009-2010 Ninja 650R and ER6N, you must also purchase optional grab rails and fitting hardware from Kawasaki to convert the bike to Euro-spec:
- Ref number 46075, Part number 46075-0078 GRIP,TANDEM,LH x1
- Ref number 46075A, Part number 46075-0079 GRIP,TANDEM,RH x1
- Ref number 92161 92161-0663 DAMPER x 4 (grab handle hardware)
- Ref number 92152 92152-0707 COLLAR x 4 (grab handle hardware)
- Ref number 92161C 92161-0765 DAMPER x 4 (grab handle hardware)
abyssdncr from Ridersforum.com put together an installation tutorial definately worth looking at.
The above OEM Kawasaki parts are NOT included in the SW-MOTECH product and must be purchased through your Kawasaki dealer. These grab handle components are included on European-spec ER6F and ER6N bikes only.
For additional information, see Kawasaki's "Frame Fittings" parts fiche for the Ninja650R and the ER6N