SW-MOTECH Crash Bars Engine Guards for Honda CB500F
The SW-MOTECH Crash Bars Engine Guards are the ultimate investment in protecting your CB500F against damage incurred during a fall, slide or crash. Keep your frame, bodywork and other critical components from hitting the ground with 27 mm thick tubular steel that is finished in a factory black powder coating. Ride your bike in confidence knowing these German quality crafted crashbars are protecting your motorcycle.
- Robust 27 mm tubular steel construction
- Protection for frame and fairing from contacting the ground in the event of a fall or slide
- Durable powder coated black finish provides a factory appearance while resisting corrosion
- Crossbar support ties left and right side together for increased structure strength
- Bolt-on installation requires no drilling, cutting, welding or other modifications
- Made in Germany
What's in the box:
- Left and right side crashbar
- Mounting hardware
- Installation instructions
Important note: The Honda CB500F requires special caution when removing the forward lower engine mounts. Even with the remaining engine-mount bolts still in place, removing both forward mounts will cause the engine to sag in the frame. How do we know? We tested the SW-Motech Engine Crash Guards and the SW-Motech Aluminum Skid Plate Engine Guards on a 2016 CB500X and had difficulty installing the mounting hardware. In fact, the frame/engine misalignment made it impossible to insert either the accessory hardware or the stock bolts and spacers. The misalignment is reduced if you remove only one engine-mount bolt at a time, but the real solution is to support the engine from below any time you remove the mount bolts.