Revision 1 - Vibration dampening.
To help minimize the vibration transmitted from the frame to the crashbars, we revised the original crashbar to include a rubber mount system. Constructed of heavy-duty mild steel, SW-MOTECH crashbars are designed to provide maximum protection, optical integration, and high-quality fit and finish.
- 26.9mm heavy-duty mild steel tubing
- Precision fit
- Sandblasted, powdercoated, black finish
- Three mounting points on each side
- Vibration-isolating bushings (front mounts)
- Includes all mounting harware
- Includes a built-in M10 hole for mounting a set of MFW Footpegs. Requires M10 Footpeg Joint Kit.
- Also includes a built-in auxiliary headlight mount at the front end of the crashbars (auxiliary headlights sold separately).
- The infamous KLR650 "Doohickey" (the left-side balancer chain tension adjuster) is accessible with the crashbar installed.
· original Kawasaki plastic skidplate,
· Twisted Throttle's aluminum skidplate (sold separately), or
· Ricochet (a.k.a. Utah Sport Cycle / Happy Trail / MSR / Moose) skidplate (made in the USA)
· Cyclops (a.k.a. Studebaker / KLR650.com) skidplate (this is an overseas copy of the Ricochet skidplate)
Produced exclusively for Twisted Throttle by SW-MOTECH
Here's a video from one of our customers on how he installed them on his bike:
Roger Miller writes:
" Got my SW-MOTECH crash bars on by myself no problem. Fortunately for me I did not have the problems 'Noob' had re: Noob installing crash bars. I actually used a tip from someone who left a comment re: putting a piece of 2x4 under the lip of the gas tank so I saved myself time doing that in lieu of removing the tank all together. To make up for the sub frame slightly dropping I used a standard dog leash and looped it around the sub frame and pulled up on it with my shoulder and tightened the sub frame bolt at the same time, went on no problem then. No problem with the foot pegs either. I'll eventually get those cool crash bar lights when I can get the $ together. Thanks for the great product, fast shipping, and awesome customer service. "
...and then later follows up with...
"I just bought a pair and installed them yesterday. I went on my first ride today and who ever was claiming on KLR.Net that these bars were vibrating like 'tuning forks' must have bike issues or be exremely anal. I am so glad I asked you guys questions about this allegation and still decided to purchase them. I felt no more vibration in my bike than before they were installed. The foot pegs had a 'slight' bit more vibration in them than my pegs, but that is to be expected. The bars are solid and strong. I was very pleased with my purchase when I got my cowlings off and saw how truely exposed my radiator was to damage from a side impact. Not anymore thanks to Mo-Tech & Twisted Throttle. In case you can't tell I'm a happy DS rider. Thanks again. Keep selling great stuff!"
This item is too large to ship to Australia by USPS (international post). It can only be shipped to Australia by UPS.
- Review by William