Note: The SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock Sidecarrier Yamaha FZ6 S2 Fazer, '07-'10 Contour Carrier for Givi V35 PLX cases has been discontinued and is no longer able to be ordered.High-quality, German-made Quick-Lock luggage sideracks by SW-Motech. This unique design allows the racks to be removed from the bike in less than 30 seconds without special tools by opening 3-4 quick-release fasteners on each side. These narrow profile, black powder-coated steel racks are compatible only with GIVI V35 PLX side luggage cases. No additional adapter kit necessary. When the racks are removed, only 3-4 small mounting tabs remain visible on either side of the bike. These mounting tabs are almost invisible, preserving the original visual appearance and size of your motorcycle. Optional key locks (sold separately) are available to lock the racks to the bike, with the key unlocking a pair of special quick-release fasteners which secure the racks on each side. The Quick-Lock racks are made of tubular steel which presents the narrowest possible lateral profile. Bolt-on installation -- no cutting or welding of motorcycle frame or bodywork is necessary. Racks are designed to work with original equipment manufacturer components -- fender, exhaust, etc. The SW-MOTECH racks are ideal for the occasional weekend tourer who desires a "stealth" look during the week, as well as the weekday commuter who needs an unencumbered machine for spirited weekend fun.
NOTE: This product will require relocation of the rear turn signals during installation. All necessary brackets are included in the kit. No rewiring is required; simply unplug and reroute the original turn signal wires as shown in the photos.
Click here for a photo tutorial of the installation process.
(1) To prepare for installation of this sidecarrier system:
- remove the seat;
- remove the left and right rear sidecovers;
- disconnect the turn signal and brakelight wires at junction beneath left side cover;
- remove the rear fairing and passenger grab handle assembly from the motorcycle;
- remove the exhaust's heat shield;
- remove the rear turn signals; and
- remove the license plate bracket from the rear fender.
(2) The SW-MOTECH hardware kit includes a turn signal relocation bracket. In order to relocate the turn signals, you will need to cut the zip ties holding the original turn signal wiring harness in place. Extensions of the original turn signal wires are not required.
(3) Installation any SW-MOTECH sidecarrier requires that the original fender still be in place. Motorcycles with fender eliminator kits installed cannot use SW-MOTECH sidecarriers.
(4) Part 1 in the kit (KFT.06.314.001L and KFT.06.314.001R) does NOT use the threaded bolt hole in the OEM exhaust mount; rather it uses the threaded bolt hole in the frame of the motorcycle that is immediately below the front end of the passenger grab rail. For clarification, see the installation photos and the installation instructions link at the bottom of this web page.
If you have any questions about this installation, please CALL US before modifying any parts in the kit; we've installed this on many North American FZ6 bikes and have confirmed that the kit does fit perfectly.
Note: Fastening Kits are not required to mount these sideracks to your motorcycle. The Quick-Lock kits are keyed so you can take them on and off and have them locked when they are on your bike. The Hardbolt Kit is used if you don't want to take your sideracks off at all, as they are 'hard bolted' to your bike.